Activity: Wednesday RESPECT Reflection
to select what he/she wants to include in a reflection journal
|1||box of crayons||per learner|
- Totetude Reflection Journal [Totetude resource link]
- Gather this week's Totetude Reflection Journals.
- As a whole group, review and discuss the daily activities.
- Hand out the RESPECT Totetude Reflection Journal to each learner.
- Review that for this week a smile implies super, a straight face implies all right, and a frown implies awful.
- Have the learners evaluate their Wednesday by marking a face in their journal on Wednesday's page.
- Then ask the learners to draw what respect means to them or to draw two people they respect.
- As the learners are drawing, the educator should walk around and ask each learner to justify his/her choice of face.
- If the learner chose a frown, then the discussion can lead to ways to improve for the next day.
- The educator may wish to write down what the learners dictate.
- Collect the Totetude Reflection Journals.
- I am able to select what I want to include in my reflection journal.
- I am able to express my opinions and ideas with confidence.
- I am able to make choices.