Activity: Monday FEELING Reflection
to communicate thoughts in an organized manner
|1||box of crayons||per learner|
- Totetude Reflection Journal [Totetude resource link]
- Print a Totetude Reflection Journal for each learner.
- Use the Totetude Reflection Journal folding instructions to create each journal.
- Write the theme and date on the inside cover of each journal.
- As a whole group, review and discuss the daily activities.
- Hand out a Totetude Reflection Journal to each learner and ask them to write down their name on the cover.
- Explain that for this week a smile implies happy, a straight face implies fine, and a frown implies sad.
- Have the learners evaluate their Monday by marking a face in their journal on Monday's page.
- Then ask the learners to draw themselves how they felt most of the day.
- As the learners are drawing, the educator should walk around and ask each learner to justify his/her choice of face.
- If the learner chose a frown, then the discussion can lead to ways to improve for the next day.
- The educator may wish to write down what the learners dictate.
- Collect the Totetude Reflection Journals.
- I am able to tell about my feelings.
- I am able to communicate how I feel.
- I am able to rate my feelings.