Activity: Tuesday FEELING Reflection
to give a reason for a decision
|1||box of crayons||per learner|
- Totetude Reflection Journal [Totetude resource link]
- Gather this week's Totetude Reflection Journals.
- As a whole group, review and discuss the daily activities.
- Hand out the FEELING Totetude Reflection Journal to each learner.
- Review that for this week a smile implies happy, a straight face implies fine, and a frown implies sad.
- Have the learners evaluate their Tuesday by marking a face in their journal on Tuesday's page.
- Then ask the learners to draw what makes them happy or what makes them sad.
- As the learners are drawing, the educator should walk around and ask each learner to justify his/her choice of face.
- If the learner chose a frown, then the discussion can lead to ways to improve for the next day.
- The educator may wish to write down what the learners dictate.
- Collect the Totetude Reflection Journals.
- I am able to justify my face choice for the day.
- I am able to decide what to draw.
- I am able to communicate how I feel.