Activity: Analyze RESPECT
to compare similar things
|1||discussion board||per whole group|
|1||story of "The Gingerbread Man"||per whole group|
|1||package of discussion board markers||per whole group|
- The Gingerbread Man Video [External link]
- The Gingerbread Man Characters [Microsoft Office - OOXML - Word Document, 881 KB]
- Totetude General Reading Questions [Microsoft Office - OOXML - Word Document, 94.3 KB]
- Totetude Picture Walk [Totetude resource link]
- Gather materials.
- Print supporting media documents.
- Explain to the learners they they will be listening to the story called The Gingerbread Man. After the story they will discuss the characters (people and animals) in the story.
- If the learners are listening to The Gingerbread Man from a book, the educator may wish to do a picture walk.
- Learners will listen to The Gingerbread Man.
- After listening to The Gingerbread Man, ask the learners to retell all of the characters in the story. As they call out the characters, the educator displays the characters on the discussion board.
- The educator will then have the learners compare the characters (how they are similar).
- Next, the learners contrast the characters (how they are different).
- The educator then asks the learners, "Was the fox kind and respectful to the gingerbread man?"
- Have a learner retell the events of The Gingerbread Man in order.
- I am able to compare characters in a story.
- I am able to contrast characters in a story.
- I am able to share discussion time.