Activity: Create Feeling: Creature Feature
to build an object
|1||hole puncher||for prep|
|1||box of crayons||per learner|
|6||brass fasteners (brads)||per learner|
- Totetude Creature Feature [Adobe Portable Document Format, 52.7 KB]
- Totetude Feeling Create 1 [JPEG Image, 1.3 MB]
- Totetude Feeling Create 2 [JPEG Image, 1.13 MB]
- Totetude If You're Happy And You Know It Song [Adobe Portable Document Format, 16.6 KB]
- Gather Materials.
- Print a Totetude Creature Feature (per learner).
- Pre-cut and hole punch each Totetude Creature Feature.
- Create a demo Totetude Creature Feature (optional).
- Educator sings the Totetude song "If Your Happy and You Know It" with learners.
- Educator explains that learners will make a face by first coloring the face, eyebrows, eyes, nose, and mouth. Educator can call out a body part and have the learners hold their paper up.
- The educator also explains that learners will fasten their body parts onto the face with fasteners. The educator should demonstrate how to fasten the body parts onto the face.
- Once the learners have colored and fastened their face together, the educator will call out a feeling and the learners will create the expression on their Totetude Creature Feature.
- Learners can add yarn for hair or cut out a hat from scrap paper.
- I am able to construct a face.
- I am able to fasten with a brass fastener.
- I am able to color within boundaries of a drawing.