Activity: Apply Safety
to follow a procedure
|1||fire escape plan||per whole group|
|(Optional)||1||bell||per whole group|
- Totetude Fire Escape Plan [Adobe Portable Document Format, 186 KB]
- Gather materials.
- Print a Totetude Fire Escape Plan (per learner).
- Review fire safety rules and discuss the consequences of not following the rules.
- Visit the main rooms of the building. Find two ways out of each room (if possible).
- Show the learners where the fire alarms are located. If possible, test the alarms to show the learners what sound the alarm makes.
- When the alarm or bell sounds, leave the building and choose a meeting place outside.
- Go back inside and practice a fire drill from a different location.
- Send home a Totetude Fire Escape Plan for parents.
- I am able to follow classroom safety rules.
- I am able to model classroom safety rules.
- I am able to explain the consequences of not following the classroom safety rules.