to select carefully based on needs
|1||bottle of water||per learner|
|(Optional)||1||garbage bag||per whole group|
|(Optional)||1||blanket||per whole group|
- Gather materials.
- Discuss the question: How can we take care of nature?
- Tell the learners that they will be going on a picnic.
- Explain to the learners what happens on a picnic.
- Have the learners decide what they will need to bring on the picnic. Items will depend on if the picnic is indoors or outdoors.
- Pack for the picnic and have a wonderful time.
- After returning, discuss the ways that the learners took care of nature. For example: picked up garbage, left nothing behind, did not bother the wild animals, stayed on the path, etc. If the picnic was indoors: turned on lights only if they were needed, used a reusable cup or water fountain to drink from instead of a water bottle, recycled garbage, etc.
- I am able to select items for a picnic.
- I am able to make decisions.
- I am able to find other children to play with.