Activity: I Am Respectful
to use complete sentences
|1||piece of construction paper||per learner|
|1||box of crayons||per learner|
|1||glue stick||per learner|
|(Optional)||~ 10||stickers||per learner|
|(Optional)||~ 1||2 feet / 60cm of yarn||per learner|
- I Am Respectful Cloud [Microsoft Office - OOXML - Word Document, 65.2 KB]
- I Am Respectful Body [Microsoft Office - OOXML - Word Document, 88 KB]
- I Am Respectful [JPEG Image, 2.35 MB]
- Gather materials.
- Print supporting media documents.
- Pre-cut circle, arms, hands, and cloud or allow learners to.
- Discuss how each person is respectful by brainstorming ideas on how we respect things, animals, people, and places.
- Educator demonstrates how to cut papers with scissors properly.
- Learners practice cutting strips of paper to use for hair. If they are able to cut the strips of paper for hair, they can proceed to cut out the head, arms, hands, and cloud.
- Once the pieces are cut, the learners glue them to a large sheet of construction paper. The educator may want to demonstrate a model of what the finished product will look like.
- The learners then decorate their activity with yarn, stickers, crayons, etc.
- As the learners are decorating, the educator writes what the learners dictate for the cloud.
- Learners stand up one by one and show each other their projects.
- I am able to use complete sentences to express myself.
- I am able to follow instructions in order.
- I am able to use scissors.