Activity: Follow the Rhythm
to manipulate an instrument
|1||musical instrument||per learner|
|(Optional)||2||rubber bands||per learner|
|(Optional)||1||tissue box||per learner|
|(Optional)||1||cookie cutter||per learner|
- Cookie Cutter Musical Instrument [JPEG Image, 906 KB]
- Tissue Box Musical Instrument [JPEG Image, 916 KB]
- Guitar [JPEG Image, 1.62 MB]
- Follow the Rhythm Beats [Microsoft Office - OOXML - Word Document, 64.1 KB]
- Gather materials.
- Print supporting media document.
- Remind the learners that respect also means following the rules. Rules are made to keep things, animals, people, and places safe.
- Have the learners create or choose a musical instrument. If supplies are limited, just clapping with hands is sufficient.
- The educator verbally and physically claps a simple rhythm. Te. is one count. Ta - is two counts.
- The learners verbally repeat the educator and then repeat the rhythm with the instruments.
- Learners can choose to make their own rhythm and have others repeat.
- I am able to play an instrument to repeat a rhythm.
- I am able to clap my hands.
- I am able to stretch rubber bands around objects.