Activity: Gingerbread Number Man
to recognize numbers 1-20 written as symbols (playing cards, dice, etc.)
|1||die (singular form of dice)||per learner|
|1||large marker/dabber||per learner|
|(Optional)||~ 18||stickers||per learner|
- Gingerbread Man Math [JPEG Image, 2.58 MB]
- Gingerbread Man with Numbers [Adobe Portable Document Format, 61.6 KB]
- Gather materials.
- Print a Gingerbread Man with Numbers document for each learner.
- Learners practice counting from 1 to 20.
- Hand out a die to each learner. Ask what they think the dots are for.
- Explain to the learners that they usually roll a die to play games. The number of dots they see on top is the number they rolled.
- Call out a number and have the learners practice rolling their dice. Each learner tries to roll the number called out.
- Hand out the markers/dabber and printable.
- Explain that every time they roll their die, the learner must put only one dab on their printable that matches the number of dots shown on their die.
- Leaners roll their die until all numbers have a dab on them.
- I am able to recognize numbers 1-6 written as dots.
- I am able to do my best to finish my work.
- I am able to use a large marker/bingo dabber.