Activity: If You Are Happy and You Know It
to repeat information
- If You're Happy and You Know It [External link]
- Totetude Happy And You Know It Lyrics [Adobe Portable Document Format, 16.6 KB]
- Print Totetude Happy And You Know It Lyrics.
- Educator discusses each feeling presented in the song by describing the facial expressions and body language shown when people have each feeling. Call on different learners to show how they would express the feelings.
- Educator reads through each stanza of Totetude Happy And You Know It Lyrics. After each stanza, the learners demonstrate the movements. For happy, they clap two times. For tired, they stretch one arm at a time. For angry, they stomp one foot at a time. For scared, they cover their eyes one at a time.
- Educator sings and the learners can sing along as they act out the song.
- Repeat as many times as you wish. Educator can have girls sing and then the boys sing. Or learners on the right sing, and then the learners on the left sing.
- Learners can dress up in costumes and sing the song in character.
- I am able to repeat lyrics to a song.
- I am able to participate in a song.
- I am able to react to what is said/happening.