Activity: Face Maker
to bring something into existence
|1||box of crayons||per learner|
|(Optional)||1||mirror||per group of 2 learners|
- Totetude Facial Circles [Adobe Portable Document Format, 45.5 KB]
- Gather materials.
- Print a Totetude Facial Circles printable (per learner).
- Educator calls out a feeling. The learners make a facial expression of that feeling. Allow learners to look around at each other.
- Educator hands out materials.
- Educator explains to learners that they will trace the circles with any crayon color they wish.
- When they are finished, the learners will draw people/animals/monsters showing different facial expressions.
- Finally, learners will use the large blank face to draw themselves expressing their favorite feeling. Learners can look into a mirror before drawing to see how they look doing the expression.
- Learners can cut out their favorite facial expression to share with the group.
- I am able to create a facial expression.
- I am able to trace within boundaries.
- I am able to color within boundaries of a drawing.