Activity: Signage Walk
to point to known information
- Totetude Safety Sign 2 [JPEG Image, 2.08 MB]
- Totetude Safety Sign 3 [JPEG Image, 2.16 MB]
- Totetude Sign Scavenger Hunt Printable [Adobe Portable Document Format, 286 KB]
- Totetude Safety Sign 1 [JPEG Image, 1.91 MB]
- Gather Materials.
- Print a Totetude Sign Scavenger Hunt Printable (double sided) for each learner.
- Discuss the question: How do wild animals cross the street safely?
- Tell the learners that they will be going for a walk in the community to look for signs.
- Hand out the Totetude Sign Scavenger Hunt Printable and explain what each sign means. Explain that to be safe when we are in our community, we have to obey the signs.
- During the walk, have the learners discuss all the signs they see and what the signs mean.
- Learners check off each sign they see and write down any new signs they discover.
- Count the number of signs the learners see.
- I am able to locate signs in the community.
- I am able to understand community safety rules.
- I am able to follow community safety rules.