Activity: Signage Search
to point to known information
- Totetude Indoor Sign Scavenger Hunt Printable [Adobe Portable Document Format, 235 KB]
- Totetude Signs Template [Adobe Portable Document Format, 235 KB]
- Gather Materials.
- Print a Totetude Indoor Sign Scavenger Hunt Printable (double sided) for each learner.
- Print the Totetude Signs Template, then cut and place signs around the room at the learners' eye level.
- Discuss the question: How do wild animals cross the street safely?
- Tell the learners that they will be going for a scavenger hunt indoors to look for signs.
- Hand out the Totetude Indoor Sign Scavenger Hunt Printable and explain what each sign means. Explain that to be safe when we are in our community, we have to obey the signs.
- During the scavenger hunt, have the learners discuss all the signs they see and what the signs mean.
- Learners check off each sign they see and write down any new signs they discover (Example: exit, fire hose, etc.)
- Count the number of signs the learners see.
- I am able to locate signs from the community.
- I am able to understand community safety rules.
- I am able to express ideas/information/opinions to the group.