Activity: Observing Signs
to compare similar things
|(Optional)||1||box of crayons||per learner|
- Totetude Signs Template [Adobe Portable Document Format, 613 KB]
- Totetude Safety Sign Photo [JPEG Image, 2.39 MB]
- Gather materials.
- Print a Totetude Signs Template (per learner) and precut signs.
- Educator reviews how to safely cross a street:
- Use a crosswalk.
- If available, use the pedestrian push button at crosswalks.
- Look both ways - left, right, and then left again.
- Wait until all cars have stopped before crossing.
- If there is a traffic light, cross only during the WALK sign.
- Make eye contact with drivers to make sure they see you.
- Walk across the street, do not run.
3. Learners can color their signs or use the signs that are already printed in color.
4. Educator discusses:
- color of the signs
- shape of the signs
- what the signs mean
- Learners can look around their environment for more things that are the same shape as their signs.
- I am able to compare community signs.
- I am able to color within boundaries of a drawing.
- I am able to use vocabulary correctly when describing shapes.