Activity: Door Opener
to open door handles (twists, turns, slides, pulls, pushes, etc.)
|~ 5||door handles||per whole group|
- Totetude Respect Door Handle [JPEG Image, 1.43 MB]
- Totetude Respect Door Handle 2 [JPEG Image, 1.77 MB]
- Totetude Warm-up Song [Totetude resource link]
- Totetude Warm-up Song
- Explain that the reason we respect rules is because rules are important for our safety. There are rules for the different places we go. In a library we are quiet, on the playground we can run around and be loud. In a building we must walk slowly and keep our voices down.
- Go on a field trip to different places or rooms.
- Learners should take turns opening doors (classroom, closet, bathroom, refrigerator, car, etc.) and talk about the rules in each place.
- You may want to talk about locks and how to unlock a door in order to open it. This will be important for leaving a building during an emergency.
- I am able to open door handles.
- I am able to listen to what is being said.
- I am able to offer help.