Activity: Use the Classroom Rules
to use knowledge in different ways
|(Optional)||1||poster of the rules posted||per learner|
- Make a poster stating the rules.
- Restate the rules.
- Explain that the group will divide into pairs (2 people). In each pair, one person will say a rule and then show how to properly follow the rule. Next, the other person in the pair will say a different rule and then show how to properly follow that rule.
- The educator may wish to demonstrate the activity by choosing a rule and then showing the learners how to properly follow it.
- Have learners get into pairs and begin the activity.
- After everyone has a chance to perform in pairs, bring the group back together.
- Go through each rule and ask for a learner to show how to properly follow the rule to the whole group.
- As a whole group activity, a learner can choose to act out either following a classroom rule or breaking a classroom rule. The rest of the learners decide if a rule was being followed or broken during the demonstration.
- I am able to use what I know about classroom rules.
- I am able to react to what is happening.
- I am able to understand the classroom rules.