Activity: Use the Skill of Talking to Strangers
to engage in role-playing or acting
|~ 4||chairs||per whole group|
|(Optional)||~ 2||costumes||per whole group|
- Totetude Stranger Danger Rules [Microsoft Office - OOXML - Word Document, 166 KB]
- Totetude Safety Stranger Disguise [JPEG Image, 1010 KB]
- Gather materials.
- Print the Totetude Stranger Danger rules.
- Set up chairs in the formation of a vehicle.
- Ask learners to restate the Totetude Stranger Danger Rules.
- Ask learners for volunteers to come to the front of the group and role-play situations with either a dangerous stranger or a safe stranger. Examples: a) Driver of a car says, "Your parents are going to be late, they said I should pick you up." b) Driver of a car says, "I lost my puppy and I have been driving around looking for him. Can you come with me to help?" c) Learner is lost and the driver of the car is a police officer. d) Learner is getting onto a bus and asks the driver if this bus goes to ________________ street."
- Conclude by stating, "Never go anywhere with a dangerous stranger!"
- I am able to role-play or act.
- I am able to interact with different people.
- I am able to stand in front of a large group to talk.