Activity: Respect the Earth
to color within boundaries of drawing
|1||piece of construction paper||per learner|
|1||box of crayons||per learner|
|1||glue stick||per learner|
|(Optional)||1||globe||per whole group|
|(Optional)||1||picture of learner's face||per learner|
- Respect Earth Printable [Adobe Portable Document Format, 290 KB]
- Cut Out Respect Earth Printable [Adobe Portable Document Format, 239 KB]
- Princess Respect Earth Printable [Adobe Portable Document Format, 203 KB]
- Gather materials.
- Print supporting media documents.
- Educator may wish to pre-cut body and Earth (optional).
- Explain that the Earth is where everyone lives. We share the Earth.
- The Educator can point to several countries around the Earth on a globe.
- Discuss ways that we can respect or take care of the Earth (pick up our garbage, plant trees, walk on sidewalks, ride a bike, etc.).
- Allow learners to choose the RESPECT EARTH printable they wish to color.
- Learners color their printable and then cut and paste their printable onto a piece of construction paper.
- Learners also draw or paste a photo of their face onto the construction paper as well.
- As the learners are working, the educator walks around and writes down one way that the learner respects the Earth onto his/her paper.
- Learners can draw pictures of how to respect the Earth onto their paper.
- I am able to color within boundaries of a drawing.
- I am able to paste objects within boundaries.
- I am able to plan how to complete my work.