Activity: Letter F
to point to known information
|1||letter F||per whole group|
|1||discussion board||per whole group|
|1||package of discussion board markers||per whole group|
|1||pencil or dry-erase marker||per learner|
|(Optional)||1||timer||per whole group|
|(Optional)||1||magazine page with writing||per learner|
|(Optional)||1||transparency sheet||per learner|
- Totetude Letter F Printable [Adobe Portable Document Format, 119 KB]
- Totetude Letter Song [Microsoft Office - OOXML - Word Document, 132 KB]
- Alphabet Song [Microsoft Office - OOXML - Word Document, 42.6 KB]
- Totetude Writing F [JPEG Image, 1.38 MB]
- Totetude Finding F [JPEG Image, 1.71 MB]
- Gather materials.
- Print the Totetude Letter F Printable for each learner.
- Hole-punch a transparency sheet and place it over the Totetude Letter F Printable in a binder for each learner (optional).
- Recite the alphabet together while pointing to each letter.
- Hold up or point to the letter F.
- Say, "This is the letter F. F as in flower and fish."
- Have learners think of words that start with the letter F.
- Sing the Totetude Letter Song using the letter F. The educator sings the song once and then the learners repeat.
- The educator states, "Today we are going to practice how to write the letter F."
- Then the educator demonstrates how to write the letter F on the discussion board.
- Learners then move to an open area and use their body to make a letter F by working with their friends. Two to three people can work together to make the letter F.
- When the timer goes off, the learners return to their work area and independently complete the Totetude Letter F Printable.
- Hand out a page from a magazine. Have learners circle all the Fs they find on the page.
- I am able to locate the letter F.
- I am able to trace within boundaries.
- I am able to print within boundaries.