Activity: FEELING Original
to bring something into existence
|1||timer||per whole group|
|1||sponge for cleaning||per group of 2 learners|
|1||box of crayons||per learner|
|1||blank piece of paper||per learner|
|~ 2||googley eyes||per learner|
|1||bottle of glue/glue stick||per learner|
- Gather materials.
- Educator asks learners about the letter of the week- E. What is the letter? What words start with this letter? What words end with this letter? What words have this letter inside of them?
- Educator and learners sing the Totetude Letter Song for E.
- Learners write the letter E in the air with their index finger.
- Explain to the learners that they will create an original artwork using their googley eyes, erasers, and envelopes.
- Discuss the materials being used: How can we make googley eyes stick to our paper? What are envelopes used for? Can erasers be used without actually erasing with them (trace to make a rectangle)?
- Learners create art independently.
- When time is up, learners clean their area while singing the Totetude Cleaning Song.
- Learners discuss their artwork with others.
- I am able to create original artwork.
- I am able to make choices.
- I am able to use glue properly.