April 2, 2015
April Fools in our home has become a tradition of pranking with food. Sometimes dessert is actually dinner and dinner is a dessert. Here are instructions for our favorite ones!
1. Food Disguise
- Simply put healthy food in packaging of unhealthy food.
2. Meatloaf and Mashed Potato Cupcakes
- Cook your meatloaf in silicone cupcake holders.
- Add food coloring to your mashed potatoes.
- Pipe the mashed potatoes onto the cooked meatloaf using an icing tip.
- You can also add shredded cheese as sprinkles.
3. Grilled Cheese Cake
- Bake a yellow cake using small rectangular tins.
- Butter a panini press and press for about 20 seconds.
- Make “cheese” by mixing mostly yellow and a few red food coloring drops to white frosting.
- Cut the already pressed cake in half and add frosting.
- Assemble the cake back together to make the sandwich.