March 13, 2015
Here is a wonderful craft to work on fine motor skills.
1. Print out the Totetude Rainbow Coins printable.
2. Gather materials. You will need crayons, glue, scissors, paper plate/white paper, cotton balls, and yarn. Hole-puncher or tape is optional.
3. Educator prepares the activity by cutting out a rainbow shape from either a paper plate or white paper. The educator may also wish to cut out the coins and pot. Depending on the learner’s abilities, the educator may also may wish to hole-punch both the coins and the rainbow.
4. Allow the learner to color the rainbow (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple). Next, glue cotton balls to the ends of the rainbow.
5. The learner can cut different lengths of yarn and either tie or tape the yarn to the rainbow.
6. The learner then either ties or tapes the opposite ends of the yarn to the pot and coins.
7. Lastly, the learner writes his/her name on the pot.