Totetude believes that metacognition begins at an early age. To become life-long learners, we should always reflect on our learning progress. For this reason, Totetude has made a mini reflection journal intended to use with any theme. At the end of the day, each learner will think back on how his/her day was and rate it by circling either a smile, straight face, or frown. The learner is then able to draw a small picture related to what was learned.
Directions to fold Totetude Reflection Journal
- Fold paper in half length-wise. Crease edge.
- You now see Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
- Cut off the dotted grey line.
- Fold paper in half height-wise. Crease edge.
- You now see Theme and Monday.
- Open journal back to step two.
- While holding the top edges, push the ends together to form a star.
- Crease all the outer star edges.
- Close the journal so that Name is the first page, followed by pages Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.